TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN
Winter Weather Tips
Cold weather equals dry skin and hair. The extreme cold in Anchorage and many other parts of Alaska also comes with low humidity. Homes, offices, schools and shopping malls are dry. When inside or outside air is dry, your skin and hair also get dry.
- Put a humidifier in your home or bedroom and keep the humidity level at 40%.
- Shower for less than 10 minutes, using warm not hot water as hot water causes more dryness.
- Avoid hot tubs as they also dry out skin.
- Use soap or body wash only on areas that sweat or have hair.
- Moisturize all over within 3 minutes of finishing a shower or bath with a good quality moisturizer. Stop by the Center and take a look at the many options available.